Tips For Effective Conflict Management
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm EST
Conflict is a natural part of every job – it plays a role in every relationship of significance. It’s a simple fact that conflict is, at times, inevitable in the workplace – and it can even be beneficial.
Conflict does not have to be a destructive force – it’s only a negative factor when it isn’t handled effectively. Truly cohesive teams are able to engage in productive conflict that leads to stronger professional relationships and better overall results.
The reality is that conflict in and of itself is neither good nor bad. What matters is how conflict is handled. Effective managers, HR professionals, and employees at all levels must be adept at managing conflict in a constructive and productive manner. That’s exactly what you’ll learn how to do in this informative audio conference. What You'll Learn:
Attend this session and get practical strategies and tips you can immediately apply to improve your ability to manage conflict effectively. Key topics covered include:
- The power of conflict: Understanding how/why conflict can be both constructive and destructive
- 5 distinct techniques for managing conflict effectively
- Benefits and costs of each conflict management technique
- Choosing the best technique: Examples of situations in which each approach is appropriate
- How to choose the best approach to managing a conflict in light of the situation and participants
- Mastering the art of approaching conflict assertively rather than aggressively
- Guidelines for delivering messages effectively in conflict situations
- Key tips for building better workplaces through engaging in productive conflict