Tax Reform: Changes To Payroll
The recently-passed Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is one of the most impactful tax changes to the US and US employers in decades. But these tax changes will mean changes to how you - or your payroll processor - handle payroll in the future.
Even if you outsource your payroll, there are still things you need to know. For instance, there are changes to supplemental taxation, withholding, and fringe benefits, so you'll need to know the validation steps.
Additionally, you'll get questions from employees on what the changes are and how it affects them, so you'll need to know how to properly handle these questions to make sure your organization is not held liable for bad information!
As such, this webinar provides guidance on what changes tax reform has brought – and what you need to do to update, implement, and communicate the changes at your organization.What You'll Learn:
By attending this audio conference, you will learn:
- Review of what the Tax Reform bill is changing
- How to handle changes that are to be implemented in such a short period of time
- Overview of changes in Fringe Benefits to include, Transportation, Moving Expenses, Employee Achievement Awards, Legal Settlements, Wage Advance's and Repayments
- Update on the federal withholding changes, such as Supplemental Taxation, Back-Up Withholding, and Non-Resident Aliens
- Review of how the tax reform bill impacts the calculation of Federal Tax Levies
- Details of how Equity Compensation-Stock and RSU payment taxation is changing
- Review of potential form changes
- Learn best practices on how to communicate to employees how these changes impact them
- How to properly handle questions to make sure employers are not held liable for bad information
- Outline how these changes impact other payroll-related processes that you may not have thought about