How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
Who leaps buildings in a single bound? Who is doing it all without getting the respect shown to many? The lone person in the one-stop HR department - that's who.
A one-person HR shop is all things to all employees and managers, so they need to know a lot about a lot and they also need to know when to stop and seek advice.What You'll Learn:
If you run a one-person HR department, this training session will help you develop a plan to prioritize the operational, compliance, and people needs of your business, including:
- How to recognize the most common legal pitfalls that cause legal problems
- What to do if an employee brings you news of harassing or discriminatory behavior
- What to do when an employee has an accident - even if it seems minor
- What to do when an employee is struggling to do their job
- How being "nice" can come back to hurt your own job
- How to recognize when it may be an FMLA request vs. "just being sick"
- How to refer employees to the EAP without making the situation worse
- Maintaining your line of authority
- How to get new employees off to a good start fast
- How to give and get effective feedback
- The 10 things good documentation contains